Monday, June 23, 2008

Who are They?

At yesterdays trade show, I succumbed to a young ladies sales pitch about her fabulous heat packs. She could have just said "buy them - they are good" and I would have done, having needed heat packs for a while now, but she was keen to show her knowledge so I let her rant..

".... and they are so much more hygienic than the wheat heat packs that you microwave. They are trying to ban them now you know, because they harbour bacteria and can....."

My 20 second attention span had long since expired, and my mind wandered as I handed over my bartercard.....

Just who are "they". Are they the government? The police? the CSIRO? Maybe it's a vegan society who think that imprisoning wheat in a cord fabric and subjecting it to micro-waves is cruel and inhumane? Or maybe it is a secret society of genetically modified beetle who have escaped from a secret testing lab and have evolutionised into a sophisticated organisation that rely solely on wheat for their survival...

Hmmmmmm....

No comments: