- The Assistant Manager at Aldi in Hampton Park who gave me a refund on my broken microwave when I did not have the receipt.
- LifeSinger... who's "twitterings" make me smile.
- My mate Katie - who cheers me up when I'm down and always has an unbelievable story to tell!
- My mum... my rock.
- My puppy Charli - always ready for hugs and hassles me to take him for walks, without which I would be sat on my fat ass all day!
- The guy that helped me catch Charli when he ran off and wouldn't come back.
- Natalie and the guys from Brighton Toyota, who are always willing to help out, lend me cars, give me footy tickets and sent me off to the Tramcar Restaurant when my dad was here from UK.
- My next door neighbour who gave me all her pebbles for my garden, and occasionally mows the front nature strip for me.
- Kristy and the guys from Bartercard Bayside&Geelong - for helping me sell my stuff.
- My boy... of course!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
My son has decided to spend Christmas morning with his Dad. He'll be coming back after lunch. Can't believe how devestated I feel over those 8 hours. Suddenly it don't feel like Christmas any more. I shouldn't complain as I have been fortunate enough to have 7 Christmas mornings with him already, but he's the one thing that stops my Christmas Day being just another day.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
- The thousands of those plastic twisty ties they use on toys these days to make them look good in the box - takes 20 minutes to release the teenage mutant ninja turtle and all his weapons.
- The Queens Speech
- The Sound of Music on TV - again!
- The traditional Christmas Turkey to be cooking when it's 30 degrees plus outside!
- The shopping mall queues and fights for parking spaces
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
- My brother in law has just bought 16 acres and is going all Farmer Giles on me. Claims to be planting an apple orchard and that I will be stomping apples for him. I therefore bought him an apple peeling, coring and slicing machine!
- My mum's friend came with us to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert and comments on the feather boas worn by some of the audience. I have got her a purple one of her very own!
- I made by Sales Rep at Brighton Toyota a magic wand to get those miracles performed that I always ask for.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
- Playing with pink glitter for 10 minutes = weeks of finding sparkly bits on your floors, furniture, cat, in your ears, up your nose etc etc.
- Don't take short cuts or use quick fixes when making jewellery as it will come back, bite you on the ass and cause you more work.
- Don't promise to work from home on the weekend.... You are bound to leave your memory stick on your desk at the office.
- Doesn't matter how much planning you will do... something can and will go wrong!
- Just because it is a brand new car doesn't mean it's gonna start.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
- The Christmas lights that you spent 2 hours untangling to find they don't work anyway, cause 1 measly bulb is smashed and none of the shops sell the right replacements.
- Red and Green together - sends chills down my spine. I get flash backs to when my parents dressed me up as an elf/pixie for a fancy dress party. SHUDDER!
- Those annoying flashing reindeer ears that have that inane tune... why do they always makes those tunes in those high pitched tones that drill right into your brain.... Grrrr
I'm sure there will be more next week...... in the meantime please feel free to add your own...
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
- Luscious - just rolls round your mouth.. sounds very sexy.. just like it's meaning
- Cashew - sounds like you're sneezing
- Trickle - sounds soooooo cute!
Monday, December 10, 2007
I am sorry I haven't been around lately... and it may be intermittant now until the new year. The business has taken off in a big way thanks to Christmas and Bartercard so I am busy making orders, Christmas shopping, wrapping etc etc etc etc.
I don't want to disappoint my loyal fan (s?) so I promise I will make a huge effort.... even if it is not as funny and entertaining as normal
..... what do ya mean it wasn't that funny anyway?.... Hey that's not nice!!!! mutter mutter sniff...