Tuesday, December 30, 2008
- Put the "lucky penny" in the turkey instead of the Christmas Pud... whoever requires the Hiemlich Maneouvre has won!
- Decorate the dog's tail with tinsel, then watch him run round for hours trying to get it off.
- Put the volume to zero on the Queen's speak then sit there and make comments about how wise and wonderful she is while your relatives wonder why then can't hear her.
- Buy everyone Gifts you know they will hate and award points for the cheesiest fake smiles.
- Put yellow food dye in ice cubes for drinks and tell guests you used snow from outside.
Monday, December 29, 2008
- Did Silver making Classes
- Rode my first Motorbike
- Took C. to his first live concert
- Started a fantastic new job
- Built a pergola (or rather had one built)
- Made my own work desk from scratch
- Became an Australian Citizen
- Upgraded to HD and went wireless
- Went to Gold Coast Theme Parks
- Saw Mike Dooley
- Went on a Test Drive Day
- Attended an Expo by myself
- Joined Facebook
- Started Plans to Build a new House
- Been on the Radio (very very briefly...)
- Went to Oaks Day
I'm sure there's more but can't think of them at the moment...
So Far in 2009 I plan to:-
- Get my Motorbike Licence
- Attend Cranbourne Rodeo
- Go to The Australian Open (that's Tennis to the non-sports fans!)
- Take C. to Calder Park Raceway
- Finish Building my House
- Go to a Day Spa
- Go to a shooting range
- Build up my Jewellery Business
If anyone has any other suggestions of things to do, places to go, and things to achieve, please let me know... or tell me what your plans are and if they are great I'll copy them!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
There may be a perfectly good reason why Santa doesn't get lost on his annual Christmas globetrot: His flying reindeer just might be female and don't mind stopping for directions.
A suspicious surplus of Christmas spirit led to the arrest of a man in Southern California.
A New Jersey man will need to receive rabies shots after a "terrified" bobcat bit him at a pet store photo shoot.
Police called to a variety store by a burglar alarm overnight found a toddler inside, playing with the toys.
Santa Claus has added a New York City traffic agent to his naughty list after she gave him a ticket while delivering gifts to children.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Because that would take ALL the FUN out of it for you.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
And you understand, maybe for the first time ever, how grand you are, because you discover that vulnerable doesn't mean powerless, scared doesn't mean lacking in beauty, and uncertainty doesn't mean that you're lost.
These realizations alone will set you on a journey that will take you far beyond what you used to think of as extraordinary.
There is always a bright side.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. What are your thoughts on chastity? Under-rated!
2. How many days do you think you could go with only your computer for company? As long as I have e-mail and blogging I could be happy for weeks... although I think I would get severe eye strain.
3. What, in your opinion, is the exact opposite of butter? Margarine immediately springs to mind... but I can see this coule be a serious debate topic...
4. Have you ever seen the musical "Cats"? If so, what did you think of it? Yes I have, but it was a long time ago and I can't really remember it. In fact I think I was too young to properly understand it. I love the costumes and make up though.
5. What's the #1 thing on your wish list this holiday season? Love and happiness (oops, that's 2 I guess)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
A dog weighing more than 120 pounds survived being frozen to a sidewalk overnight, probably because he was insulated by layers of fat, authorities said.
Authorities responding to a suicide in Florida have made a chilling discovery — a body stored in a carport freezer.
Bare footprints on a toilet seat led sheriff's deputies to find a man hidden away inside a Baxter County gas station ceiling, apparently "on a mission" to steal, officials said Tuesday.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Chances are astronomically high that it will happen again.
Especially since you're even cooler now.