Monday, June 20, 2011

MeSane, Yousane, HeSane, WhoSane?

Meltdowns are becoming more regular.  Got a list of excuses a mile high for them (not enough sleep, too much work, can't switch off, etc etc ad nauseum!)

All the reasons for my emotional behaviour seem so rational at the time.  I carefully analyse my reasoning, having the conversations in my head, any possible objections shot down in flames.

I finally break and admit my defeat. His responses so clear, so concise.  Completely opposing and also completely rational. My own reasoning crumbling before my very eyes.

I suddenly feel foolish, my folly becoming obvious, my horse of rationale bolting for the door.

Why is it that when other people seek advice from me, I can see their predicament with complete clarity, their sometimes distorted visions glaringly obvious. Both sides of the story generally in panoramic view.

My reasoning this time? The heart is the twisted sister, obscuring the eyes from all that is evident. Only when the mind is clear from the heart's rose coloured spectacles can it truly see.

No comments: