Monday, July 03, 2006

Low Down on My Low

Had a day & 1/2 off the diet on the weekend. Didn't even enjoy it yesterday. Saturday was ok - had some leftover noodles lunchtime (greasy) and took the boys for fish and chips teatime. Overate. Was yummy though.

Yesterday was a different story, and I feel ashamed and disgusted with myself. I was basically grumpy. Mostly because I was all blocked up with a head cold, but also because t/l didn't stay over like he promised. C. was driving me insane. His incessant talking, whilst normally annoying but bearable, was grating - like a drill boring into my head. Porridge for brekkie. That was yum. Then ate the leftover pineapple fritters - and I went downhill from there. BBQ chips, mini mars bars - I was rummaging in the pantry like a hobo rifling through garbage bags.

C wanted maccas for lunch. I decided on a decaf coffee that made my nauseous, and a big mac and fries. Can't believe I used to eat them. Fries were like eating soggy warm cardboard, and the burger - well, let's just say I won't be eating there again. Obviously my head cold was causing me to make bad eating decisions. Codral don't have a cure for that one do they?

Suppose the good news is my "comfort" eating isn't so comforting any more. I'm still grumpy, still all blocked up - but now with crappy junk food as well as the head cold. Back to the drawing board.

No comments: