Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Room 101

Normally I don't get involved in religious or political debates or conversations because I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and more often than not these types of discussions end in someone getting offended or upset.

However I can't sit back on this one.
Westboro Baptist Church were to boycott Heath Ledger's Funeral because he played a gay man in a film. According to them he is going to hell because he advocates the right to be gay, and we shouldn't mourn him and he has offended God and has been punished for doing so.

What about all those people that WBC offend and abuse every single day with their hateful words. I can't believe that people can use religion as an excuse for such abhorrent behaviour.

Even their website name is downright evil!

Using God to justify Sexism, Racism and anti gay crap to me goes against everything that religion stands for. What is worse is that they openly do so, and in the most disrespectful of forums and circumstances.

Ultimately I believe in "Karma" or "give as ye shall receive" so I expect the congregation of Westboro Baptist Church will be going to hell. In the meantime, Room 101 will have to do.

Rest In Peace Heath. xxx
Things, people, places, situations etc you hate/loathe/dispise/don't like very much belong in Room 101. If you decide to do the same please comment or link as appropriate as I would love to hear yours too.

No comments: