Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Room 101

Things, people, places, situations etc you hate/loathe/dispise/don't like very much belong in Room 101. If you decide to do the same please comment or link as appropriate as I would love to hear yours too.

I wanna put Marine Based Flying Rats into Room 101.
I believe the correct name for them is Seagulls, or Gulls, but they are indeed the rodents of the feathered variety. Annoying, un-nerving, harassing, fearless creatures, they flock around at the merest morsel of food, beady eyes staring, daring anyone to dropn anything... and if you do, heaven help the individual who is timid in the midst of these birds... cause NOTHING is gonna get in their way!

I did a quick google on the "flying rat" term, and it seems to refer primarily to pigeons, hence why I have clarified my description with "marine based". Whilst I agree they can also be extremely annoying (I did have a rather scary incident where a pigeon flew right into my face in Liverpool - I screamed out loud and fellow shoppers shot me startled glances) they are in no way as intimidating or intrusive as their white winged counterparts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I lived by the coast there was a story in our local paper about a woman who had her false teeth stolen by a gull. I always found that very odd - I mean, what would a seagull do with false teeth?!?