Sunday, May 07, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

I always get really really excited about birthdays. I'm 31 now but for some reason still expect them to be like when I was 6! Have to remind myself they are not supposed to be exciting anymore. It's just another day in paradise.

Mum spoiled my yesterday. She took me shopping for some sexy brown boots, and I ended up also getting a gorgeous blue knitted top from Portmans, and a mixer :)

Last night TL came over, he was later than expected and hadn't text me to tell me he was on his way, so I was stressing as usual when he got here, and I spoiled it by blubbering again. All week he's been promising me he'd spoil me, then he turns up with only $20 to buy takeout and falls asleep watching the footy. I am truly blessed!

He was really sweet though and I'm not really complaining, just thought it was funny. Despite being absolutely exhausted he did manage to hang around until after 12 so he could officially say Happy Birthday to me in person. He's already rang me this morning, says he feels like he's been headbutted by a bus. I've probably given him my illness. See... Birthdays are for giving as well as receiving.

The chinese we had last night was a big disappointment. I treated myself with crispy duck and got beef and mushroom to balance it. The beef had far too much ginger in it for my liking and the duck does not taste the same without the plum sauce. :( I went on the treadmill this morning for an hour and did about 5ks to try and balance out anything I had bad last night and anything I may have today which I shouldn't. Hope it's enough cause it's weigh in tomorrow! Gave myself blisters so now I can't wear my new boots. grrrr!

No comments: