Monday, May 29, 2006

10k gone!




Wow! I'm halfway there! Was the news I really needed to stay on track.

I did endulge slightly on Monday, but not as bad as I could have been. We had BBQ chicken for lunch and I stole one or 4 of T/ls chips (yummy) and had some coleslaw. Then about 4pm when he left I had a handful of Doritos (double yummy), then decided that if I was gonna mess around like this I might as well make sure I knocked myself out of Ketosis. I knew I still had 3/4 tin of that yummy cream in the fridge, and I went to the supermarket and bought a couple of individual apple pies (Triple yummy). Warmed them up and me and C sat there and had our dessert watching Big Brother. C. asks me if that means I'm gonna be fat again. Jeez if anything gonna put you back on that wagon then my son will. Thinking of hiring him out as a personal life coach :)

So next day I was back on track, and have been good ever since. I hit the treadmill twice this week, even did a bit of running (anything to defrost my toes - office is freezing) and I did the gardening at the weekend - shifting 2 cubic metres of soil, 1 bucket at a time!

My assumption is that my body hit starvation mode which slowed my weight loss, and the day off was the kick start it needed. I'm going to ensure I have a regular day off to treat myself and keep me motivated and my metabolism ticking over.

Oh, and I bought my first pair of size 14 pants last week. Haven't been that size in 11 years! Awesome feeling.

No comments: